[Users] Fixing my issues with plugin/config?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 20:43:04 CEST 2021

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:24:04 -0400
Charles Lane <lane at duphy4.physics.drexel.edu> wrote:

> So: Person A sends me a message, it goes in Folder
> INBOX/AStuff/Message1.
> I reply to Message1, the reply goes in INBOX/AStuff/Message2
> I follow up with a second reply, so a reply to INBOX/AStuff/Message2.
> If I reply with "reply all", no problem. But if it's just a regular
> "reply" it only goes to me, and maybe I notice that, maybe I don't.

That complicates things.

In Claws Mail there is a 'Reply finder' mechanism. It works if the sent
messages are in the Sent folder. When you reply to a message (and that reply
is sent), the message you reply is given a reply icon in the Status column.
You can click on this reply icon to be taken to the reply that you wrote.

With this, and how replying to your own messages in the Sent folder works,
things work well. But if you don't keep Sent messages in the Sent folder,
then this breaks down, of course.

with regards

Paul