[Users] Question on Windows version portability

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 03:43:28 CEST 2021

On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 19:43:57 +0000
Marco Bresciani <marco.530 at outlook.it> wrote:

> ... I'm thinking about moving ... to Claws Mail.
>
> I was wondering if the tool is somehow portable, on Windows, meaning
> that I would like to run it on different Windows PCs from a USB key
> without any installation or data leftover on the PC I'm using.

DM: Hi, Marco. I have a vague memory of another user on here sometime
in the last few years mentioning that they figured out a way to do
something like this and what that involved, although I think it was
slightly less easy and less clean than what you're looking for. So
perhaps they'll chime in here or you could have a look through the
archives. The thread it was on was not primarily about that, so the
subject of the thread might not be helpful/intuitive. Not sure if
there's a way to search the bodies of messages in the archive. The
Windows port developer(s) would likely have some useful info as well,
or may recommend that you open it as a bug/issue (enhancement request).
---Dustin