[Users] Question on Windows version portability

Marco Bresciani marco.530 at outlook.it
Tue Sep 14 21:43:57 CEST 2021

Hi all,
  after a bunch of years, I'm thinking about moving from the good old Sylpheed to Claws Mail.

I was wondering if the tool is somehow portable, on Windows, meaning that I would like to run it on different Windows PCs from a USB key without any installation or data leftover on the PC I'm using.

I saw there's an installation package but I've read here and there (old, actually) information about the fact that Claws Mail is creating its own folders in places like %APPDATA% and the like.

Is there a way to have Claws Mail really portable?
  With Sylpheed is as simple as unzipping it and changing a line in its .ini file.

Thanks,

Marco

PS: do someone here have news from Hiroyuki Yamamoto? In the Sylpheed ML we are wondering about his current status.