[Users] Use WKD through GPGME

Christoph Klassen christoph.klassen at intevation.de
Sat Oct 30 08:09:53 CET 2021

On 30.10.21 09:42, Paul wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2021 09:10:43 +0200
> Christoph Klassen <christoph.klassen at intevation.de> wrote:
>
>> Is it right that there is no possibility in the GUI or did I miss something?
> You missed something. It is possible to retrieve a key which is not on your
> keyring from a MIME-signed mail by clicking the application/pgp-signature
> icon in the column to right of the message text.

Okay I found the button. Does it use the option --recv-keys of gpg? The
import wasn't successful, which isn't bad because I was just testing and
then I got the message:

Importing key ID BDD957F9C4FE0FDC583DCD6D2B7BA3BF9BC3A554:

This key couldn't be imported to your keyring.
Key servers are sometimes slow.
You can try to import it manually with the command:

"/usr/bin/gpg" --batch --no-tty --recv-keys
BDD957F9C4FE0FDC583DCD6D2B7BA3BF9BC3A554

That's why I guess that it does use the option --recv-keys. But that
would mean that the key will not be fetched via WKD.

Greetings,

Christoph