[Users] Fancy plugin / HTML

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 18:01:59 CEST 2021

Hello, Peter,

Em 05/10/2021 22:06, Peter Richards escreveu:
> I've been using the LiteHTML plugin but recently it just displays all
> the HTML as a greyed area. Installed the DILO plugin and can actually
> read the HTML okay now, but the links don't work.  Meaning the plugin
> was not able to copy links/urls from the HTML.

I am interested in this kind of feature to Claws Mail. I have not tried
these 2, yet.

> So I went back to LiteHTML , but not wanting to stay with it.  Looked
> at the facncy plugin. It seems it is meant to be included with
> Claws/Ubuntu but it's not in Synaptic.  Tried
>
> $ sudo apt-get install claws-mail-fancy-plugin
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package claws-mail-fancy-plugin

This is not just with Ubuntu. My chosen distribution is Debian, and
Claws version is also a bit behind, compared with the available in website.

> The Claws docs stated it is included with the Claws source, so
> downloaded the same version (3.17.5) as I'm running here, and sure
> enough, there it is. I wonder why it is not included in Kubuntu 20.04 ??

Yes. I found the same information.

> Anyway, can I compile it and then install it ??  Looked at
> https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2021-September/028752.html
>  , so will read through that and see if it makes sense.

Yes. The most you will need to do is to install some development
packages that are needed to compile the source. Else, compiling it is
fairly simple. I learned it in the last weeks.

> It seems the Claws version in Ubuntu/Kubuntu is slightly behind. If I
> go to https://www.claws-mail.org/releases.php , the latest is 4.0.0
> (10-July-2021) , and the version I use is 3.17.5 (23-February-2020)

I already commented above. Same situation for Debian.

> I'm not sure what is required to have the latest Claws available for
> Ubuntu 20.04 ?

Other people in this list, probably have much more experience in
distributions to say what should make this happen.

Regards