[Users] Fancy plugin / HTML

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 17:51:15 CEST 2021

On Wed, 6 Oct 2021 12:06:43 +1100, Peter Richards wrote:
>[snip] Anyway, can I compile it and then install it ?? [snip]
>
>It seems the Claws version in Ubuntu/Kubuntu is slightly behind. [snip]
>I'm not sure what is required to have the latest Claws available for
>Ubuntu 20.04 ?

Hi,

it's easy to build a package providing the latest version of claws and
its plugins for Ubuntu, excepted of the fancy plugin. Depending on your
skills it takes just a few minutes. To build the fancy plugin, too, is
not simple, since you first need to build webkitgtk2. Building the
discontinued and vulnerable webkitgtk2 is probably not easy to do and
it definitively takes way more than just a few minutes, even on a
powerful computer.

Since you already don't know what is needed to build Claws, I strongly
recommend to refrain from trying to build Claws with the fancy plugin,
even if you don't care about webkitgtk2's high vulnerability.

Regards,
Ralf