[Users] Suggestion: Automatically activate privacy system

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sun Nov 7 11:56:23 UTC 2021

On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 11:34:50 +0100
Christoph Klassen <christoph.klassen at intevation.de> wrote:

> I suggest to automatically set the privacy system, when loading the plugin
> PGP/MIME and if there was no privacy system enabled yet.

I think that could be problematic. There are 2 other privacy plugins. The
user might want to load all 3, and they each have to be loaded one at a time,
so it's more or less random what your automatic default would be. Unless of
course the user somehow knows beforehand that the first will become the
default. Also, there are multiple accounts in Claws Mail, and the user could
have different preferences regarding this for difference accounts. Etc., etc.

> This would increase usability because it would take one step less to
> encrypt messages.

Yes, literally "one" step less, as this needs to be done only once per
account and not each time the user wants to encrypt. So that would be a very
small increase indeed.

with regards

Paul