[Users] Claws GTK3 bugs

Keith Edmunds kaclse at gmail.com
Sun May 16 09:41:42 CEST 2021

> Bugs should be filed to the bug tracker (1). Discussed here if they
> need to be.

Thanks. I've found a few issues. If they are actual bugs then I'm happy to
file them, but let's check it's not PEBKAC first:

 - address book autocompletion in the "To" field doesn't always find all
   matches. I have three firstname=Terry in my address book. Two of those
   entries have the same surname, so they look identical (different email
   addresses of course). If I type "Terry<tab>" the gtk3 version offers
   the unique Terry and one of the two same-name-different-address Terrys.
   If I type "Terry h<tab>" it offers the two matching entries. The GTK2
   version matched all from the start.

 - folder colours are odd. Folders with unread mails have the colour
   normally associated with being greyed out, although they are selectable
   and function correctly. Once I've opened them when they have unread
   mails, they then appear "full colour". As a consequence, it's quite
   hard to see folders with unread mails since I last opened the folder.
   Can provide screenshots on request.

These last two are to do with the fancy plugin (the main reason I moved
from GTK2 → 3 version):

 - the font size of the body doesn't seem to be changeable. I have this in
   the CSS file:

body {
background-color : white ! important ;
color : black ! important;
font-family : Verdana sans-serif;
font-size : 15pt !important;
}

  I know it's getting read because if I change the background-color
  setting, the mail changes. But changing the font-size has no effect.

 - sometimes - I can't find any consistency - clicking on links in an HTML
   mail displayed with fancy does nothing. Right-click, "Open link" does
   nothing. Right-click, "Copy link location" works just fine.

Bugs? User problems? Let me know if I can provide more useful info - or if
they are bugs, let me know and I'll file them.