[Users] Parsing mails imported from some archive done wrong

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun Mar 7 11:58:14 CET 2021

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 10:39:57 -0000, Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2021 11:31:39 +0100
> Milan Obuch <claws-mail-users at dino.sk> wrote:
>
> > Could you eventually test with 3.17.8? I know it is a bit older but
> > still latest official tarball I think.
>
> You say you download msgs from the mailing list, but you don't say
> what you do with them once downloaded.

File sent is exactly as downloaded using some crawler script. I put it
in a Maildir folder on a server, then it was downloaded via IMAP. But
both files, on the server and in imap cache, are the same.

Usually I just download a mailbox formatted mail archive, then import
via File -> Import mbox menu entry, but this is from googlegroups
downloaded with a script, which prodices one file per mail message or
so. Importing it one message a time would be tedious, so I simply put
those files to server and proceeded.

> Probably you have corrupted the imap cache, if you simply drop them
> in your imap cache folder. Right-click the imap folder and click the
> 'Discard folder cache' button.

I don't think so, I did not drop the files into local cache, as written
above.

> You should create an MH mailbox and drop them into a folder in that.

No local mailbox, everything is in IMAP storage on server.

> If you are doing none of the above, then you need to explain your
> process better than you have done so far.

Is what I wrote above enough? Anything else necessary to test or
reproduce?

Regards,
Milan