[Users] Hi, need advice on possible linux virus in an email

zentara zzmiloschxx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 22:56:53 CET 2021

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 19:37:00 +0100
Ralf Mardorf via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

>...however, I suspect if Gmail was hacked and DKIM-Signature etc. would
>be replaced by malicious code, you would not be the only one suffering
>from an issue, not to mention that a vulnerability of the code
>interpreting the email headers, unlikely could be misused to gain root
>access by malicious code, as short as the header files.
>
>Certainly you never know, but assuming an attack is very unlikely.
>Another issue seems to be way more reasonable.

True, you speak wisdom, however I was recently reading
that certain agencies now have the ability to target
INDIVIDUAL computers. They collect data on all your software
versions, then know exactly which precise attack will work only
against that combination. This could easily be done by an agency.

But I officially end comment. :-)

0m,
Joe