[Users] Hi, need advice on possible linux virus in an email

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Sat Mar 6 21:49:19 CET 2021

În data de Fri, 5 Mar 2021 23:41:50 -0500, zentara a scris:

> [...]
>
> Please be warned that I experienced a lockup with this email and
> it leaves some sort of resident zombie-like pid owned by root.
>
> I would appreciate it is anyone could stick this email in
> their Mail Trash folder and either verify what I'm saying
> or suggest a possible simple explanation.

Direct copy of that message in a local folder under Claws Mail on Windows => nothing weird happens.

As for the message itself, it has nothing suspect on it: the ARC header is an Authenticated Received Chain signature and the DKIM header is a DomainKeys Identified Mail signature as used by many Gmail-sent messages (if not all).

(I'm not a connoisseur of those types of signatures, I just read about them occasionally)

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
https://www.secarica.ro