[Users] IMAP: Offline Deleting or Moving, Then Online Execution?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 12:44:59 CEST 2021

CM 3.17.8git62 (oauth2 branch) on a Linux system. (I also use a
non-default location for the binary installation, config folder, and
message folders.)

I'm wondering if the following should be possible with a Claws IMAP
account:

1. While Claws is offline, I delete or move a message.

2. While still offline, I close/exit Claws.

3. I restart Claws.

4. I take Claws online, and when folders are synced, the action I took
in #1 is executed.

I've experimented with a few different approaches, but the result I get
is that the message gets marked (for moving or deletion) in #1, but when
I get to #3 it is no longer marked, and #4 (as expected) does not carry
through with my intended action. So I'm assuming that the marking that
happens is getting 'erased' by the shutdown of Claws.

I've checked the manual, FAQs and preferences to see if I could find
any clues on this (but didn't), so now I'm posting here to see if any
of you have any input on this.

Thanks,
Dustin