[Users] Cloned account on moving server, incoming mail still goes to old inbox

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 14:24:48 UTC 2021

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 14:19:35 +0000
Adrian via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> I've moved my mailserver to a new server with identical config but a
> new server/MX name. Old and new mailservers are both running but the old
> one is not receiving mails any more.
>
> I set up a "new" and an "old" account on a Claws Mail app by
> editing accountrc, copying the [Account: 1] values to a new [Account: 2]
> section. I changed the server name in Account2 and made it the default.

Although it's possible, as you know, to edit accountrc for this, you could've
just used the 'Copy' button in the /Configuration/Edit Accounts window.

> Later I swapped the labels - renamed Account2 to Account1 and vice
> versa, and swapped their order in the file.

Labels are just labels, nothing more.

> It all works EXCEPT THAT incoming mails to the new server are arriving
> in the Inbox of the OLD server's account.
>
> Both accounts in accountrc have these values
> inbox=#mh/Mailbox/inbox
> local_inbox=#mh/Mailbox/inbox
>
> How can I make incoming mails arrive in the new, live default account's
> Inbox folder?

Use the account preferences of the new account to set the 'Default inbox' on
the Receive page.

with regards

Paul