[Users] Keeping threads from getting broken up with filtering

Jason Public jason.public at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:59:46 CET 2021

Hi,

I have some filtering rules set up that move messages to folders based on
the addressbook the sender is in. I'm having a problem where threads are
being split up due to one sender in particular being in more than one
category (I have her in a "Common" addressbook which I'm not filtering on).
I'm okay if new message threads from her are not filtered, but if she
replies to an existing thread I'd like it to go into the folder with the
thread.

Is there a better way to filter that keeps threads together? Something like
"If thread exists in a folder, move message to that folder"?

Similarly, I'd like my sent messages to be saved to the same folder the
thread is in (I have "save copy of outgoing messages to this folder" turned
on). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jason