[Users] No password prompt in vCalendar plugin

Jeremy veloce at nixnet.email
Thu Feb 18 18:01:10 UTC 2021

Hi again

First of all, thanks to Paul for the help with the folders issue I was
having, I am very pleased with how it works now :)

Sorry to be so gratuitously taking your information without providing
any of my own, but I have run in to another hitch, this time with the
vCalendar plugin.

The issue is this: I wish to subscribe to a calendar that is password
protected. When I type the URL in to the 'subscribe to webcal' box, it
just says 'Could not retrieve the Webcal URL http://calendar_url.com,
Authorisation required'. No password prompt is given.

There is evidence on the Git commits page that there is password
support in the extension (correct me if I am wrong, I did not have long
to look), but the issue tracker did not have a workaround that I could
find.

Might I have to install a newer version of the extension? If so, how
can I do this?

I am using Davmail if that makes any difference (a compatibility layer
between Exchange and free protocols)

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy