[Users] Minor niggles with Claws Mail

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Feb 18 07:09:34 UTC 2021

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:08:32 +0000
Jeremy via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> First of all, folder handling. I have multiple email addresses in
> multiple maildirs, structured as follows:
>
> ~/Mail/Account1/inbox
>       	       /drafts
> 	       /sent
>                /queue
>       /Account2/inbox
>       	       /drafts
> 	       /sent
>                /queue

Instead of using separate MH mailboxes for each account, you could create
sub-folders under Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Queue, and Trash which correspond to
your accounts and configure each account to use the correct ones. This keeps
your account mail distinct. I find this easier to manage than having separate
mailboxes for each account, maybe you will too.

> The problem is as follows. When saving a message as a draft in account
> two, the file is actually saved in the drafts folder in the mailbox for
> account 1. The same can be said for the queue and the sent box, but
> interestingly not the wastebin - that respects the mailbox the account
> was from
>
> I 'solved' the problem with some filtering rules, but I am a
> perfectionist and naturally wondered whether there was a better way;
> this is clearly not the way in which the client is meant to work

Use the options on the Advanced page of the Account Preferences to set these
folders, (and the Receive page to set the Inbox).

> The other issue I have faced is that some keyboard shortcuts do not
> work. The main ones do: Control-M, Control-R etc are all fine; but not
> Control-return for editing address book entries. To my knowledge, there
> is no shortcut in my window manager that is blocking it; nothing
> happens when the combination is pressed. I would appreciate it if anyone
> has any insight in to this

I don't know what your problem is, but all the keyboard shortcuts work here,
including Control-return for editing an address.

with regards

Paul