[Users] VPN - can't get mail

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sun Feb 14 07:51:27 UTC 2021

I have used Claws-Mail on Xubuntu for many years, currently 3.17.5. It
always just works, but recently I have decided to use a VPN
(KeepSolidVPN.Limited). Unfortunately, as long as I am connected to the
VPN, Claws-Mail cannot connect to my two POP mail accounts (both at
gmx.com). If I want to get my mail I have to disconnect the VPN.

Note that previously I used Private Internet Access VPN, and I had no
problem collecting mail while connected to it. I don't understand what
changed. Claws-Mail is pumping the same user data and password to the
POP server as before, so why should there be a difference?

Observations and suggestions welcome. :)