[Users] All mail folder filled by outgoing message successive versions

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Tue Feb 2 14:23:50 UTC 2021

> Good to know. I've just added all this to the FAQ page (and moderated
> few edits stuck into the pipe):
>  https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Using_Claws_Mail_with_Gmail#Claws_Mail_account_setup

Turning off the preference Writing > "Automatically save the message to Drafts..." solves the All mail clogging problem that I mentioned but it is a hammer method, suppressing a useful feature of Claws Mail for all accounts, so it may not be something to recommend in the FAQ, at least in the first place.

Paul proposed a second method:

> Alternately, configure the gmail account to use a Drafts folder in a local MH
> mailbox.

I am not sure I understood but I went to Gmail, Settings > Labels, unchecked Show in IMAP for the folder [Gmail]/Drafts.

This seems to solve the problem.

It also removes the (useless) folder [Gmail]/Drafts from Claws Mail.