[Users] How claws mail treats and deals with new and unread messages?

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 08:28:56 UTC 2021

On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:32:17 +1100, Scott wrote:
>> What would be appropriate is a FM that explains what use case(s) CM
>> was designed for, so new candidate users can R that FM and decide up
>> front if CM is suitable for the way they process mail or not, and if
>> not, whether they are willing to adjust or not.
>
>You realise that Claws mail is an entirely free piece of software

Hi,

IMO releasing software for free as in beer doesn't free developers from
getting critical reviews. Actually I didn't follow this thread, so it's
just a general note.

Reviews containing lavish praise and/or harsh criticism can be helpful
to test software by paying attention at those supposedly pros and/or
cons. OTOH a manual explaining use cases to decide whether software
fit or doesn't fit a user's needs, without the need to test the
software, usually isn't useful information to make such a decision, it
more likely is useless clutter, that doesn't relive the user of the
duty to test the software.

Since a user never needs to pay money for software that is for free as
in beer, the user can test it with all features available and without a
time limit, by possibly paying with lost time and maybe with lost
documents, damaged art work etc., all that oddities that can
happen, when testing or using proprietary software, too.

0.02€,
Ralf