[Users] How claws mail treats and deals with new and unread messages?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 23:59:50 UTC 2021

Em 22/12/2021 17:49, Paul escreveu:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:34:38 -0300
> Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> Both programs are open all the time, but the account is only in CM.
> That doesn't make it any clearer. So how do you know it's different in one
> place from the other if it's only in one place?
>
> Do you know how IMAP works (in a rudimentary sense)?

There are 2 situations: the one pointed in the other discussion, which
involves an yahoo account being active in both CM and TB, at the time;
the one pointed here, which has an account which is only configured and
accessed by CM, and i still saw no notification for 2 new messages it
received, a few days ago.

What i know about IMAP is that, opposite from POP, it downloads messages
from our accounts without removing them from the server, making it
possible to make multiple accesses, without the risk of losing anything.