[Users] How claws mail treats and deals with new and unread messages?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 14:14:32 CET 2021

Em 22/12/2021 09:41, Paul escreveu:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 18:03:10 -0300
> Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> CM says: "0 new", "1 unread", "xxx total"
> This will be correct. If you are unlucky enough to be using gmail's
> version of IMAP then you will never have a "new" message, as gmail's version
> of IMAP does not know the concept of a "new" message, it only knows "unread"
> and "read". (That's not the Standard.)

All the accounts used in these tests are yahoo accounts. I have a couple
accounts in servers which are not a public service that anyone can have,
if some condition is not met (like being part of a company, school, etc.).

Gmail new messages do not work with CM? Surprising. The same is applied
to yahoo? Anyway, the new message notifications work as expected in
Thunderbird, for every service i have ever used with it - since a little
more than a decade ago. Gmail is an account i rarely use, but it exists.
Why not make the same reality in CM? I want to leave TB completely.