[Users] How claws mail treats and deals with new and unread messages?

Thorsten Maerz info at netztorte.de
Wed Dec 22 07:48:05 CET 2021

On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 18:03:10 -0300
Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Claws Mail has been left open since the last message of the discussion i
> mentioned. Basically no change, probably. Today, a new thing happened. I
> checked CM window, and saw a "new" (for me!) message in an account that
> i only have configured in it! For this account, CM says: "0 new", "1
> unread", "xxx total". But i have never seen that message!

Whenever this happened to me, it was caused by a (POP3)mail client
accidentally left open at work. It fetched the message, so it became
marked "unread" instead of "new" for all IMAP clients that accessed
the same mailbox.

There was no notification for "new" mails, because no mail was "new".

> [...]
> Minutes passed, no notification appeared on screen. Until today, the
> only notifications i saw are for draft messages being composed in the
> account i have in Thunderbird too.

Actually, the POP3 client at work mentioned above, was Thunderbird
as well. :)

--
Best regards,
Thorsten