[Users] Recovering messages from somewhere in ~/.claws-mail.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Dec 20 02:50:51 CET 2021

Recently I somehow managed to lose (inadvertently delete?) a message.
However, I have a backup of my user files on an external hard drive, and
in that backup the directory ~/.claws-mail is present.

I'm hoping that the lost message might exist somewhere in the
tree structure of .../BACKUP/.../.claws-mail, and that I might thereby
be able to recover it.

However the location of messages is opaque to me. Can anyone explain
to me how I might undertake the recovery?  If so, could they *please*
express themselves in very simple and explicit terms.  I.e. give me
an explicit recipe.  Please don't make reference to concepts or use
jargon that you assume that I will understand --- I probably won't.
(I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me! :-) )

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow