[Users] Adjusting the slider between "total" column and "attachments"

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Thu Dec 16 19:10:47 CET 2021

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 12:24:50 -0500
Gil Weber <gilweber at gmail.com> wrote:

> The slider (sorry, don't know the right name but it's the up and down
> control to move throughout the various mailbox folders)

It's called the scrollbar.

> Is there a way to adjust either the width of the slider control or,
> preferrably, a way to have it always display so that I'm not hunting
> for the exact spot to grab it?

This disappearing/reappearing is not controlled by Claws Mail but by your GTK
theme (or perhaps your desktop environment). This is not the case here.

There is a hidden preference in Claws Mail that has some control over the
scrollbar, see the manual entry
(https://claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html):

folderview_vscrollbar_policy
    Specify the policy of vertical scrollbar of Folder List: '0' is always
    shown, '1' is automatic and '2' is always hidden. Default value is '0'.

But the 'automatic' in this option doesn't have any relation to the behaviour
that you describe, instead, when set to 1, the scrollbar shows only if there
is more content than can fit vertically in the visible area.

with regards

Paul