[Users] Export mbox Windows 10

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 00:00:20 CET 2021

On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:25:34 +0100
Ralf Mardorf via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 15:53:15 +0200, Максим Крыжный wrote:
> >I recently switched from Debian 10 to Windows 10 and when I tried
> >to export this folder to a mbox file, I got a 540 megabyte file. I
> >found that many emails were missing from the file I received. Is it
> >true that export to mbox file does not work correctly under
> >Windows?
>
> Hi,
>
> the first step to solve an issue by getting help from a community is
> to describe the issue without inconsistencies. Sometimes the language
> barrier is tricky.
>
> IIUC you want to _exported_ from  Debian 10 and
>               to _import_   under Windows 10.
>
> So either the _export_ from Debian 10 fails or the _import_ under
> Windows 10 fails. Completely irrelevant seems to be _export_ failures
> under Windows 10.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Also, when you say "I found that many emails were missing from the file
I received" do you mean that claws on windows displayed fewer emails or
that you looked inside the mbox file (with e.g. a text editor) and saw
that there were missing emails? And if so, did you look at the file on
debian or windows?