[Users] Install is inoperable, advice needed

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 10:14:14 CEST 2021

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 22:37:14 +0000 (UTC)
Ross Avellone via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Here is a record of my attempts to reply to the Welcome message.Can someone
> explain exactly what it is saying and how to fix it.?

No one expects a reply to the Welcome message.

> I can't get this to send or receive anything.  the only thing I have
> received is your Welcome message after setup.This is a test to see if it
> will send a reply to your Welcome message.RDA Network Log* Account
> 'root at pop.localhost': Connecting to SMTP server: smtp.localhost:25...***
> smtp.localhost:25: unknown host.*** Error occurred while sending the
> message.

You have not configured your email account properly.

'localhost' is your own machine; unless you've configured an SMTP server on
your machine this will never work.

You need to look up the server config for yahoo (presumably on their
website), and then configure your account with the information provided there.

with regards

Paul