[Users] HTML Rendering

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 9 23:29:30 CEST 2021

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 11:29:02 -0400
chainsawuser at cfl.rr.com wrote:

> My only point and request is that in a world were HTML is the
> dominate standard for browsers and email clients (internet in
> general), I don't understand why there is not an up-to-date
> fully-featured HTML plugin to render emails perfectly.
> Flawless HTML rendering for viewing incoming emails is literally the
> only feature missing that I can think of, out of the hundred(s) of
> features/settings I tried in Claws Mail.

I'm using the LITEHtml viewer and probably about 95% of the emails
with HTML in them, view okay in Claws Mail. There is one list I'm on and
when I try to read the HTML, it is just a black screen. Decided to put
the code through https://validator.w3.org/check , and got "
Result: 	353 Errors, 25 warning(s) "

So clearly, in that example, it is a HTML code issue, not Claws.  When
viewing the source, there is not even a "text" part of the email, it's
just all HTML code.

Probably the viewing of HTML would 'work' better if the source of the
emails ensured that:

(a)  There was also a text part
(b) The HTML code was error free , or as close as possible.

Namaste,

Peter