[Users] HTML Rendering

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Aug 9 18:30:42 CEST 2021

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 11:29:02AM -0400, chainsawuser at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> Hello,
[...]
> My only point and request is that in a world were HTML is the dominate
> standard for browsers and email clients (internet in general), I don't
> understand why there is not an up-to-date fully-featured HTML plugin to
> render emails perfectly.

I think you understimate the tasks involved in rendering a modern HTML
page. There's no "HTML perfect render". Not even browsers do. And they
have invested zillions of $currency and ruined the lives of uncountable
developers in a process which is still ongoing.

BTW, not sure what "standard" are you talking about, but, when you have
decided for one, find me a real HTML mail which doesn't violate it ;-)

> Flawless HTML rendering for viewing incoming emails is literally the only
> feature missing that I can think of, out of the hundred(s) of
> features/settings I tried in Claws Mail.

I think we have readable enough renderings. Each plugin has its own
irks, but you can always open the HTML part in a browser, if the thing
is so convoluted it really needs a real browser for rendering. That's
what I do, and don't have to do it very often.

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~