[Users] HTML Rendering

chainsawuser at cfl.rr.com chainsawuser at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 9 17:29:02 CEST 2021

Hello,

First, I want to make it clear that I fully understand the developers
position on not implementing HTML as far as writing and sending emails
in Claws Mail.
I personally don't create and send fancy emails, so I don't see this as
a problem.

I first tried Claws Windows port a couple years ago, learning every
feature, and used extensively for several months.
Definitely one of the most full featured and powerful email clients, and
I enjoyed using Claws.
However, I had to stop using because almost all the emails I receive use
HTML, and the Fancy and/or liteHTML plugins only rendered a small
percentage of HTML emails properly.

I was thrilled to see the recent new releases of Claws, so I decided to
try Windows port 4.0.0-1 64-bit.
Like my past experience, using Claws is a pleasure, however HTML
rendering is basically unusable (LiteHTML).
So, once again I am forced to stop using Claws.

My only point and request is that in a world were HTML is the dominate
standard for browsers and email clients (internet in general), I don't
understand why there is not an up-to-date fully-featured HTML plugin to
render emails perfectly.
Flawless HTML rendering for viewing incoming emails is literally the
only feature missing that I can think of, out of the hundred(s) of
features/settings I tried in Claws Mail.

I hope someone in the Claws Mail developers team network is working on this.

Thank you for Claws Mail, and I look forward to using again in the future.