[Users] The "highlighting" of the current folder/message line.

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 14:48:16 CEST 2021

Hey there,

Rolf Turner wrote:

>I had never previously heard of GTK themes.  I did some web searching
>and it seems that to change the GTK theme (in Ubuntu; I am running
>Ubuntu 20.04 with a Mate 1.24.0 desktop) one needs to install a tool
>called "gnome-tweak-tool".

That shouldn't be necessary for this particular task and Mate comes
with the Mate Tweak Tool already installed, or at least it used to.
That doesn't control themes, though, and you need to be careful what
you change in there because reversing back out of a change can be a
bit of a challenge, to say the least. I recommend messing around with
that in a virtual machine before using it on your actual system so
that you'll be sure you like what some of the things in there do.

Anyway, back to changing the GTK theme: What you need is the
Appearance window. You can get to that in a variety of ways:

====================

If you use the default Mate Menu, you can go through it in either of
these ways, opening up the sub-menus one after another:

Menu --> System --> Control Center --> Look and Feel --> Appearance

Menu --> Preferences --> Appearance

If you use the optional Main Menu (my favorite), you can go through
it in either of these ways, opening up the sub-menus one after
another:

Main Menu --> System --> Preferences --> Look and Feel --> Appearance

Main Menu --> System --> Control Center --> Look and Feel -->
Appearance

If you use the optional Menu Bar, you can go through it in either of