[Users] Recursive searching.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 1 02:17:24 CEST 2021

I asked recently how to turn on recursive searching, and got no useful

However I managed to figure it out, and thought that I would post my
solution, so that others might benefit.

Just beneath the wee magnifying glass icon that one clicks on, to
initiate a "Quick Search" there is a drop-down menu that one uses to
choose what to search on ("Subject", "From", etc.).  At the bottom of
this drop-down menu there is an area that contains a number of options.
The first of these is "Recursive".  Click on the wee square next to the
word "Recursive" and a check mark will appear in the square.  Recursive
searching is then turned on.

I must have, at some time in the past, inadvertently clicked on that
square and toggled recursive searching off.  The drop-down menu is a
bit unstable, making it rather too easy to fumble-finger.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--