[Users] Migration of IMAP Provider

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun Apr 4 13:26:14 CEST 2021

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 12:57:37 +0200, Tobias Crefeld
<tclx at klekih-petra.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to move an email account with some hundreds of folders to
> another provider.
>
> Actually the present account is a Managed SMTP/IMAP Service and the
> new one is running on a self managed root server with Postfix and
> dovecot.
>
> Just exchanging the account data will lead to an empty mail account.
> In the past I created another account and copied all folders and its
> content as well as all its rules and properties manually - obviously
> an labour-intensive and error-prone way.
>
> I wonder if there is a more convenient way to copy the content of the
> old IMAP account to the new server / account? Of course I don't have
> system access to the old account as its a managed mail service.
>
> Any idea?

Did you consider IMAPSYNC? I used it in past when migrating several
hundred mailboxes from old server, no longer properly maintained, with
no system access, to new server I built and administered. All you need
is credentials for old account and for new one as well, naturally.

Regards,
Milan