[Users] Migration of IMAP Provider

Tobias Crefeld tclx at klekih-petra.de
Sun Apr 4 12:57:37 CEST 2021

Hi,

I plan to move an email account with some hundreds of folders to
another provider.

Actually the present account is a Managed SMTP/IMAP Service and the new
one is running on a self managed root server with Postfix and dovecot.

Just exchanging the account data will lead to an empty mail account. In
the past I created another account and copied all folders and its
content as well as all its rules and properties manually - obviously an
labour-intensive and error-prone way.

I wonder if there is a more convenient way to copy the content of the
old IMAP account to the new server / account? Of course I don't have
system access to the old account as its a managed mail service.

Any idea?

Regards,
 Tobias.