[Users] Support for 'Exchange ActiveSync' Protocol

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 01:40:10 CEST 2021

I am wondering if any/all of the current development team are open to
the idea of Claws Mail eventually supporting Microsoft's 'Exchange
ActiveSync' (EAS) protocol?

If so, I will open an 'enhancement' item in the bug tracker related to
that.

The reason I'm asking is because my employer has informed me that they
will be doing the following in relation to the management of our
company's email addresses (hosted on Microsoft's servers):

* 1. Disabling POP access in the very near future.
* 2. Disabling IMAP access eventually.
* 3. Using only the EAS protocol.

I am not sure if providing support for the EAS protocol is already one
of the goals of the oauth2 branch and/or of the overall Claws project.
If so, and if filing an enhancement request won't provide much value,
then I won't bother with it.

Looking forward to hearing any thoughts that may be relevant.

Thanks,
Dustin