[Users] Claws Mail with LXDE and LXQt desktops

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon Sep 28 14:31:51 CEST 2020

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 10:31:32 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

> > > those desktops. I will update the Fedora bug report with this
> > > information and will let them do what they wish with the report.
> >
> > Fedora's RPM package has not customized Claws Mail in any way that
> > would be the cause of this, so reporting this to the Fedora Project
> > Claws Mail package would be the wrong place.
>
> Well, the OP is not to know that, so it's a reasonable thing for an
> end-user to do. He did nothing wrong IMHO. I expect fedora have people
> to triage the bug and reassign it to a more appropriate group once they
> or somebody else have confirmed the problem.

During discussion here and in the related ticket it has been mentioned that
Claws Mail doesn't crash in some of the test environments, so it doesn't
seem to be a bug in Claws Mail and not in Fedora's Claws Mail package either.
Assuming it is a bug in a window manager or another component used by Fedora,
a ticket about that component ought to be opened. Preferably by the user,
who is affected by the problem and will be available to answer any questions
which may come up. Questions about hardware and software configuration,
for instance. Questions that cannot be answered by a Fedora packager of
Claws Mail.