[Users] Can emails be stored on local disk?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Sep 27 10:28:57 CEST 2020

On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 10:39:14 -0600
"M. J. (Mel) Miners" <martlet at telus.net> wrote:

> I frequently travel in areas without internet, or have brief connects.  Is
> there a way for Claws to download emails and store them on my computer for
> reading at a convenient time when there is no Internet?

All mails are stored locally. For POP this is your MH mailbox, for IMAP this
is a sub-directory of the ~/claws-mail/imapache/ directory.

You can facilitate what you are looking for with your IMAP account by using
the Folder Properties. On the 'General' page, check the box 'Synchronise for
offline use'. If you want to set this option for all IMAP folders, use the
Properties of the top-level mailbox folder and additionally check the 'Apply
to sub-folders' checkbox here.

Further to the above, you can set 'Synchronise offline folders as soon
as possible' on the /Configuration/Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous page.

(Another alternative would be to copy all your IMAP messages to an MH
mailbox.)

with regards

Paul