[Users] Can emails be stored on local disk?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 27 01:25:36 CEST 2020

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 08:58:07 +1000
Liz Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> I use gmail to receive all my mail which wants to sell me something.
> They can enjoy reading about everything I do and don't want to buy.
> Stuff that I remove by claws-mail filtering I "copy to Claws-mail
> folder" and "move to Trash". Then it disappears from AllMail after a
> while.

Yes, good point about GMail having access to yor emails; Facebook scan
personal messages, I have proved this several times. So yes, good idea
to only use a GMail email address for the 'junk' emails.

I've only looked briefly, but there seems to be a few solutions in
Python, however they all seem to relate to IMAP, not POP.

 https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3180891/imap-how-to-delete-messages

that said, this one doesn't mention IMAP ??

  https://github.com/marin117/Gmail-deleter

Cheers,

Peter