[Users] Can emails be stored on local disk?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Sep 27 00:31:08 CEST 2020

On Sat, 26 Sep 2020 13:59:21 -0600
"M. J. (Mel) Miners" <martlet at telus.net> wrote:

> I forgot about POP3 vs IMAP and the way they handle emails.
>
> My service provider dumped their server service onto Gmail and I hate
> Gmail. However, when the transfer was done, they insisted we use Imap.
> However, I suspect that I can switch back to POP3 for Claws use?
>
> Mel

As it is your service provider, and not your employer, you can do as
you please.
Finding the POP3 setting on Gmail is not easy.

Gmail does store all your mail regardless. It's in AllMail
Spam they store for 30 days at most, but examine your AllMail and see
what is actually in there.
If you want to permanently delete from Gmail it needs to be deleted
from AllMail, the rest is just hidden from you.

Liz