[Users] Claws freezing when composing e-mail replies

edwardp at gmx.com edwardp at gmx.com
Wed Sep 16 16:14:31 CEST 2020

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 14:34:02 +0100
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> I use LXDE and haven't had problems with it. I've had the occasional
> freeze problem with claws and clicking on the X widget has always
> killed it eventually. Sometimes the entire system seems to lock up for
> a few minutes, but that's more related to Firefox usage I think, and
> is caused by recent kernels' behaviour with limited memory I suspect.

Now that you mention it, when Claws was freezing, I also had Firefox
running at the same time.

In addition to Firefox, I also have Chromium (as chromium-freeworld from
RPM Fusion), Google Chrome, Vivaldi and Opera installed.

I'm tempted to re-enable the auto-saving of Drafts and launch one of the
other browsers, just to see if I get any additional freezes. When I ran
'top' to check the CPU usage with Firefox running and while Claws froze,
I noticed a small portion of the swap partition (less than 10Mb) was
being used.