[Users] X11-inspired Crashes

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Oct 25 08:38:08 CET 2020

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 16:08:26 -0400, edwardp at gmx.com wrote:

> I would not go so far as to say that I /make/ my machine crash
> frequently.

"To make your machine crash" refers to your particular usage patterns,
which may make it more likely for an issue to occur compared with other
users. Of course, there can be more factors like hardware set, XOrg vs Wayland,
the chosen graphical desktop environment, sometimes suspend&resume, ...

> As for Fedora Bugzilla, the bug report for this issue (X11
> poll_for_event, # 1758384) was opened 4 October 2019 and currently
> references 97 duplicate bug reports, including mine.

Among them duplicate duplicates as a result of ABRT opening new tickets
if an older one had been reassigned and isn't found anymore. ;-)

Anyway, I agree it's a good idea to end this thread.