[Users] X11-inspired Crashes

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Oct 24 19:38:42 CEST 2020

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 15:29:26 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

> Ah, where's your sense of adventure? ;-)

With regard to unleashing a possibly insufficiently tested libX11 update
on all users of a distro? ;-) Or with regard to building my own patched
libX11 for personal use and evaluation purposes?

In case of the latter, I'm not affected by those crashes, so why would I
want to use a changed libX11? The patch could still cause repercussions in
the runtime environment of other users. There's also no major activity in
bugzilla, so it isn't clear at all how often those crashes hit Fedora
users. edwardp somehow manages to make his machine crash frequently.