[Users] GNUpg plugins will not decrypt messages

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 11:53:05 CEST 2020

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 16:52:02 -0400 (EDT)
Doug Denault <doug at safeport.com> wrote:

> Running claws-mail 3.17.4 on FreeBSD 11.3. PGP/Core, PGP/MIME, and
> PGP/inline are loaded.
>
> When I was installing and testing GNUpg I somehow got one email that
> claws-mail will prompt for the passphrase. I added a decrypt action as
> follows: `gpg -u user at domain.com -d %s` On the one email, this works and
> after doing this I can decrypt other messages. Using only the action either
> manually or by default gets the error "Coultn't decrypt: Invalid IPC
> response".
>
> After opening my save email email, opening other emails that require that
> key will decrypt the email with no interaction other than selecting the
> email.
>
> Seeding pgp-agent also does not work but that is not a claws-mail issue. I
> can not find the above listed as a problem. Any pointers most welcomed.

It's not clear to me what you are saying. First you say you installed the
plugins, then you say you configured an Action.

You say gpg-agent is not working on your system, but you also said you were
prompted or the passphrase. This problem is probably the root of the rest of
your problems.

You seem to say one thing and its contrary.

with regards

Paul