[Users] GNUpg plugins will not decrypt messages

Doug Denault doug at safeport.com
Fri Oct 16 22:52:02 CEST 2020

Running claws-mail 3.17.4 on FreeBSD 11.3. PGP/Core, PGP/MIME, and
PGP/inline are loaded.

When I was installing and testing GNUpg I somehow got one email that
claws-mail will prompt for the passphrase. I added a decrypt action as
follows: `gpg -u user at domain.com -d %s` On the one email, this works and
after doing this I can decrypt other messages. Using only the action either
manually or by default gets the error "Coultn't decrypt: Invalid IPC
response".

After opening my save email email, opening other emails that require that
key will decrypt the email with no interaction other than selecting the
email.

Seeding pgp-agent also does not work but that is not a claws-mail issue. I
can not find the above listed as a problem. Any pointers most welcomed.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com