[Users] Dumb newbie question about directory structures

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 12:07:10 CEST 2020

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:51:01 +0100
Will Meister <niftyprose at gmail.com> wrote:

> I imagine that I could edit a .config file to redirect the program
> accordingly, but don't want to wade in at random. I'm sure others will have
> asked this question, but I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ or the Claws
> manual.

There's also `claws-mail --help` and `man claws-mail`.

If you want your mail stored somewhere other than the default ~/Mail
directory, then create an MH mailbox where you want it.
Use '/File/Add mailbox/MH...' with the full path. This is explained on the
dialogue.

The default location for config files, etc., is ~/.claws-mail/, but this can
be changed by starting claws-mail with --alternate-config-dir [directory]

with regards

Paul