[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Oct 10 19:15:25 CEST 2020

On Sat, 2020-10-10 at 18:45 +0200, claws at dragony.name wrote:
> > wwp is a developer and has put a fair bit of effort into Claws.
> >
> > I think we all get a bit frustrated when someone's particular itch
> > causes them to create a massive thread about what they want in
> > Claws
> > and they don't either supply a patch or ask in a reasonably nice
> > way.
> > Some people come across as entitled when they need to be less so.
>
> I am not aware I did something wrong. I thought I am just not finding
> a feature and requested help with finding it. To make sure everyone
> understands what I actually mean, I have written the for-devs-more-
> understandable-sentence "newmail.header.from = oldmail.header.to" as
> well. It was not meant as "and now you implement that".
>
> If that feature just does not exist in Claws, I can donate some money
> so it gets implemented.
>
> And no, I am no robot, I am just privacy aware and instead of flaming
> such people, we would need much more of them.

It just goes to show that written language is not the best way of
making subtle points, I didn't mean to be rude about you specifically
and I thoroughly agree about privacy.

If what you are asking for does make it into Claws then it's an extra
feature for all of us but it will need to be seen as worthwhile by the
devs to be made a priority.

--

Brian