[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Oct 10 18:37:01 CEST 2020

On Sat, 2020-10-10 at 17:06 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
> > > newmail.header.from = oldmail.header.to
> > > In case you wonder why the heck do I have 400 different
> > > addresses? I use a database-driven wildcard email server, so I
> > > can sign up to every website with a different e-mail address,
> > > which is very good, because I can find out spam sources easily
> > > and block them.
> > >
> > The solution I've suggested is obviously not ideal in such
> > situation, but you would have saved me few minutes of life by
> > saying first what situation you were exactly in. You're obviously
> > not a human being but a robot or some kind of heartless automatism,
> > probably not deserving to use a MUA like Claws Mail but a MTA in a
> > house of scripts that would rewrite headers accordingly to your
> > needs. Good luck with all your 400 database-wildcarded email
> > adresses, robot!
>
> I think that's pretty uncalled for and insulting. The original mail
> did say 'many'. It's also the situation I'm in although with a
> slightly different implementation and the situation is one I would
> recommend to anybody who is in a position to implement it (i.e. one-
> time addresses for untrusted correspondents), so by implication
> you're also accusing me and anybody else with a similar arrangement
> of being a robot.
>

> And if you meant it humorously, then you forgot a smiley :)

wwp is a developer and has put a fair bit of effort into Claws.

I think we all get a bit frustrated when someone's particular itch
causes them to create a massive thread about what they want in Claws
and they don't either supply a patch or ask in a reasonably nice way.
Some people come across as entitled when they need to be less so.

--

Brian