[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Sat Oct 10 17:24:13 CEST 2020

Hello,

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 16:03:57 +0200 claws at dragony.name wrote:

> Ihre Mail vom Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:22:52 +0200:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 15:14:50 +0200 claws at dragony.name wrote:
> >
> > > I have many different e-mail accounts and all mails are forwarded to my main mail account. Unfortunately when I reply to a mail, claws automatically fills in my primary e-mail address in the from-field, which is absolutely not desired. I always have to edit the from-field by hand to change it to the e-mail address originally used by the sender, i.e. the e-mail address saved in the former to-field.
> > [snip]
> >
> > I'd suggest to:
> >  - use filtering rules at incorporation in order to distribute incoming
> >    emails to different folders, following the account that is
> >    forwarding. One folder per forwarding address. See
> >    Configuration/Filtering.
> >  - in every of these folders, define a default account to use (right
> >    click the folder, Properties, Compose, set the default account).
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> So if I understand you correctly, lets say I have 400 different addresses. I would need to create 400 accounts and 400 folders? This is very inconvenient and is not really a solution. I just want claws mail to do the following:
>
> newmail.header.from = oldmail.header.to
>
> In case you wonder why the heck do I have 400 different addresses? I use a database-driven wildcard email server, so I can sign up to every website with a different e-mail address, which is very good, because I can find out spam sources easily and block them.

The solution I've suggested is obviously not ideal in such situation,
but you would have saved me few minutes of life by saying first what
situation you were exactly in. You're obviously not a human being but a
robot or some kind of heartless automatism, probably not deserving to
use a MUA like Claws Mail but a MTA in a house of scripts that would
rewrite headers accordingly to your needs. Good luck with all your 400
database-wildcarded email adresses, robot!

Regards,

--
wwp
https://useplaintext.email/