[Users] how to effectively delete messages from Google IMAP (problem and solution)

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Nov 30 21:59:33 CET 2020

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:05:19 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 10:41:40 +0000
> "Pierre A." <pa.news at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Edit account > Advanced > Put deletes messages in ... [Gmail]/Trash.
>
> Why not right-click that folder, select Properties, and make sure, on
> the General page, its Folder Type is set to 'Trash'?

More out of idle curiosity than anything else, I tried the foregoing
just now.  I right-clicked on my Gmail Trash folder, and selected
Properties.  The Folder Type was set to "Wastebin" and was greyed out
and not changeable.  Am I doing something rong here?  (As I said, just
curious.)

cheers,

Rolf

--