[Users] Problem with RSSyl (or me)

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 12:25:37 CET 2020

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 01:02:49 +0100
Jono13<meerkat at interia.eu> wrote:

> However, I have a problem with redownloading deleted messages.
> I have set a filter that completely deletes messages older than 7 days.
> But every time I choose to refresh the RSS feed, the deleted messages

Obviously you can't actually delete items from the feed, so the plugin
keeps a record of items that you have marked for delete, and doesn't show
them when opening the folder or when refreshing.

This list of deleted items is kept in
~/.claws-mail/RSSyl/My Feeds (RSSyl)/[NAME OF FEED FOLDER]/.deleted

To know which items are deleted the plugin first checks the feed ID, if the
item doesn't have an ID then the TITLE is checked.

If neither of these things (in turn) matches, then it is a new item and will
be shown.

On those feeds which apparently show previously deleted items either the ID
changes, or the if the ID is not present, the TITLE changes.

To check these values, use /View/Message Source on the item and compare the
Message-ID and X-RSSyl-OrigTitle with ID and TITLE (respectively) in the
.deleted file.

with regards

Paul