[Users] Claws Mail for Windows

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Tue Nov 17 18:59:58 CET 2020

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 08:50:49 -0500
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

Hello Jerry,

>developed that could properly handle the receiving and transmission of
>HTML email. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening.

Claws Mail users tend to be in the anti-HTML camp(1).  This probably goes
some way to explaining a lack of desire to fork, and extend/improve HTML
capability.  Also, from where I'm sitting, it appears to me that most of
the people that *do* want HTML in their messages spend their time logged
into google, yahoo, or any of a multitude of other web sites, to read
their 'email'.

(1) But by no means all.  I don't know of any official figures, but my
guess (probably wildly inaccurate) would be that about half to two
thirds of the user base prefer plain text messages.

--
 Regards  _
Cocaine, heroin, I never use speed, I never put the needle in